June 1, 2010

Books, Beads, and Me



I've recently became a Barefoot Books Ambassador.  It means a lot to me to be involved with beautiful books and sharing them with families.  I had my first successful event on Harrison Street in Oak Park, IL.  Harrison Street is a quaint, art-loving community.  I met great people and had a lot of fun. 


Please visit my website to explore!


bee hopeful
Today I made several new beads.  I am a member of the Oak Park Women's Exchange.  I am successful as a new member of this fantastic co-op.  It is great to be a part of a community of local, sustainable shoppers and crafters!

This is my new workspace...comes with fantastic views of my front lawn and sounds of James playing his trains!




Me

I have enjoyed all the projects going on in my life.  Keeps me positive because I get to explore all the things I love...books, creativity, and me!  I've lost 20 lbs...pictures to come (I'm still not done in my adventure).  The new house is fabulous.  I love my family life in Illinois.  This Florida girl misses her mom, dad, and friends...but my adventure in the Midwest has been wonderful learning experience.  Life is really like a box of chocolates!



No comments:

Post a Comment