January 19, 2010

2010 and thereafter

I'm not one to make resolutions.  I have before only to either disappoint myself or forget about a dream of mine a month later.  In fact, I've never met a resolution I liked.  Lose 10 lbs. has hung around for about half a decade.  Instead of making a resolution...I've decided to make a "to-do" list.  I love lists, however, never thought to make one until a friend posted one on her blog.  So, thank you Bethany!  I don't have a timeline for this list.  I don't need anymore pressures or deadlines!!  Here is my list of hopes, dreams, and desires:

Learn to etch on glass
Expand my prayer beading
Take James to the Shedd Aquarium
Plant a sustainable garden in our backyard
Start an indoor herb garden
Serve food at a shelter for Christmas
Take a day to thrift store shop in downtown Chicago
Go to a Bears game with Dave
Find a piece of furniture in the alley and refinish it
Start a compost pile and worm farm
Write a handwritten note to an old friend
Learn to crochet
Continue with my book club
Lose 40 pounds
Transition back to a vegatarian
Take James to his first movie
Get the job at the YMCA that I really want!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Be sure you post when you check something off of your to-do list as well. We seem to share some of the same dreams. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And YEAH! I finally figured out how to post a comment on your blog. My screen doesn't allow me to see the entire "post a comment" section...but when I tabbed down I was able to publish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I was thinking about you when I wrote this. I wish we lived closer. At least the wonderful world of the internet can keep us "together".

    ReplyDelete