December 11, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things


I love the smell of fresh cut grass, the sound of James laughing, the sight of my mom smiling, and the feel of my fingers in the garden. Naps, sushi, lemons, a good book, long strolls in the bookstore, a good cup of coffee, a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, watching Under the Tuscan Sun when I need encouragement. A four-year old telling me, "you're going to be the best teacher I ever have." Friends, family, Dave. Dylan and Kristan for infinite reasons and a long talk with Donald I can't wait to have. I'll tell him how much he meant to his mother and he was her sunshine when things went dark. My dad giving me a hug when he knows I need it. My stuffed animal, Cal, I still sleep with, my sister's PJs in my nightstand drawer. A phone call from Aunt Linda passing down words of wisdom she learned from Grandpa. A big glass of chianti, a long bubble bath with fresh sheets waiting for me. The color yellow, exploring new places, and telling someone, "I'll be there for you." My dreams I want to pursue. Flip flops, fleur-de-lis, and a passion to visit the Italian countryside. This list that will grow with time....these are a few of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment